- Independently negotiate and draft various upstream, midstream and supply chain contracts, including operating agreements, purchase and sale agreements, farm out agreements, lease agreements, rights of way, surface use agreements, gas balancing agreements, and master service agreements, among others;
- Understand Hess Upstream, Midstream and Commercial businesses and structure to identify cross-business issues, and work collaboratively in a team to develop solutions/recommendations;
- Partner with other attorneys in the legal department regarding transactional matters, leasing and land issues, regulatory compliance and business governance matters;
- Manage and support legal department projects related to business realignment and risk controls;
- In conjunction with the business unit, gather and analyze relevant information to develop action plans;
- Apply knowledge, past practices and experiences to complex problems that impact the business unit;
- Develop recommendations for more difficult and complex issues; and
- Other duties as assigned.
- 3+ years of professional level work experience in a Corporate Law Department and/or Law Firm.
- Excellent organizational skills with superior attention to detail;
- Experience negotiating and drafting upstream oil and gas agreements
- Experience negotiating and drafting supply chain agreements;
- Academic understanding of upstream oil and gas business and related contracts (JOAs, Unit Agreements, Leases, etc.) and/or M&A due diligence and transactions.
Salary: Not disclosed
Industry: Oil and gas energy power consumption
Functional Area: Others
Employment Type: Full time