- Respond to a variety of internal and external requests.
- Researches information to support decision making and improve processes, technologies, methodologies.
- Prepares communication materials, manuals and other written materials related to accounting or payroll issues, or systems.
- Keep on top of trends related to accounting and incorporate this information into work assignments.
- Actively seek mentorship and learning to improve technical knowledge and skills.
- Provides information and recommendations on cash-flow management.
- Independently handles month and year-end account reconciliation and related procedures.
- Partners with site stakeholders to understand cost reporting.
- Provides month-end reports and analysis to management and department heads.
- Reviews and provides supporting documents reconciliations to external and internal auditors as required.
- Ensure department’s compliance with the requirement of Government of Suriname’s Agencies, Newmont Suriname’s lending institutions. shareholders environmental,Health and Safety legislation and company regulations.
- University degree in Accounting or a degree in Finance, Business Administration or related field with extensive focus in Accounting.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills possessing a high level of problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Professional accounting designation is an asset.
- Minimum of 2 to 3 years work related experience.
- Ability to work with others in a team environment.
Salary: Not disclosed
Industry: Education / Teaching / Training
Functional Area: Marketing
Role Category: Others
Employment Type: Full time