- To work as part of an innovation team enabling the integration of data sources with next generation technologies across functional boundaries.
- Enable researchers and decision makers to solve ever more complex problems by encouraging and delivering innovative solutions that impact business outcomes.
- Work with analysts, project teams and other leaders within Syngenta, translating data-driven insights into actions and decisions.
- Refactor legacy data platforms and data sets to innovate and integrate across the business.
- Drive and promote industry breakthrough technologies by implementing data quality processes and contributing to the team’s growing set of development platforms and tool sets.
- Identify and establish analytics tool guidelines and standards, driving best in class solutions for data preparation, analysis, visualization, and reporting.
- Set clear and inspiring visions, bringing to life the business and architectural context showing how the analytics tools fit within the overall infrastructure and high-performance data architecture.
- Drive, organise and deliver the data integration support for a corporate computing capability.
- Promote a corporate entrepreneur mindset within the Digital Innovation Lab that will positively influence the successful delivery of fast paced digital innovation solutions, ideas & opportunities
- Ensure experiments and sprints are delivered within compliant Syngenta's project standards, security standards
Critical success factors & key challenges
- Client Service Focus: The ability to see life from the perspective of the client to deeply understand client motivation. Applies a service mind-set that is centered on developing, delivering and improving a service: Understanding all the components of a service, managing client expectations, challenging and engaging clients successfully.
- Judgment: Analyzes information, guidelines, and requirements from different sources to evaluate alternatives and make effective judgments. Draws accurate, useful conclusions from financial, business, and quantitative information. Makes timely and sound decisions on everyday issues and problems by applying accurate logic, appropriate knowledge, expertise, and common sense.
- Execution & Results Orientation: Manages work and work performance, holding everyone accountable to effectively and efficiently completing work responsibilities. Demonstrates initiative and a strong commitment to achieving meaningful results, meeting or exceeding goals, and acting on opportunities to create value.
- Collaboration (leadership competence): Fosters a sense of collaboration and works effectively with others across the organization, including in a remote team working environment, to achieve goals. Facilitates interaction of co-workers and external partners. Creates an environment for honest and open discussion of issues.
Knowledge, experience, education & capabilities
- Expert knowledge of applied data analytics and informatics
- R&D environment – good understanding of R&D processes and terminology in the area of biology or chemistry or bordering areas necessary to understand business requirements.
- A good grasp of the culture and working practices of both IS and R&D stakeholders and an understanding of the value R&D gain from the using information technology
- A good grasp of the culture and working practices of R&D.
- 1-5 years of experience with large scale data integration and analysis
- Experience in Big Data tools, analysis, methods and integration
- Knowledge of informatics, analytics, computational science, service management, delivery
- Knowledge of toolsets and capabilities utilized by expert data scientists and modelers
- NoSQL and RDBMS databases
- Hadoop-based tools (Hive, Hbase, MapReduce, MongoDB, Cassandra)
- Data modeling and ELT / ETL
- Data analytics and visualization
- Solid communication skills and team player
- Working with cross-functional / organizational / geography people and teams
- Have cultural awareness
Salary: Not disclosed
Industry: Any / Others
Functional Area: Marketing and Communication
Role Category: Others
Employment Type: Full time